Tuesday, November 17, 2015

General Musicianship 1 (2nd) Assessment

 Date for Entry: (Tuesday 17th September, 2015)

Actual Date of Online Entry: (Wednesday 8th September, 2021)

Dear Diary,

    This morning was my second coursework examination for General Musicianship and it was fine. Only I signed up to go first because I was last for the exam last time. The only thing was that I know I disadvantaged myself from getting first was that I had to sing a scale in SOLFEG which I was not ready for but I sang the song scale correctly. I was asked to sing the harmonic minor scale but exiting the room afterwards, I realised I sang the whole tone one instead.

    In the theory aspect, there was a big trick waiting for me in the last question of the paper. I had no idea how to do the first part. 

(Update) 

    Did not really see that it was C harmonic minor in the 'a' part of question 13. Couldn't believe I forgot to write my name and identification number on the paper too. There were some other words from Mrs. Neaves on the day that she returned the paper for us:

  • Simplicity is always best.
  • Every scale has a key.
  • Language says and tells a lot. 
  • If you're a musician, you need to read and describe.

 

Link(s):

  1. General Musicianship 1 (2nd) Assessment - Exam Paper.

Daryl Zion M. Ali

No comments:

Post a Comment