Wednesday, October 7, 2015

DECISION PENDING - UWI (DCFA) Vs. Hillview College??

Date for Entry: (Wednesday 7th October, 2015)

Actual Date of Online Entry: (Monday 6th September, 2021)

 

Dear Diary,

    Today I had a very important decision to make. It was to either go to my tiring and usual painful day of class (individual pan and then Intermediate ensemble) at DCFA or I can go and enjoy my once in lifetime Graduation at Hillview College. 

    My decision was to go to class because I didn’t want to lose any Lessons with Mr. Sharma and be forced to have to do a makeup session. Then there was an intermediate ensemble and if there was a new piece or n special teaching or review on another I would miss out a lot. 

    I suppose it was best because I got to learn another part of the hard song “Oye Mi Canto” Mr. Nurse gave us and there was a new piece given that day as well. The name of that piece was “Perpetuum Pan” together with “Paradise Garden” for our coursework assessment coming soon. This sounds a lot difficult but I know I can do it. I hope!

    Pan Lessons earlier this morning when smoothly with Mr. Sharma. He told me that he got the name of the first piece “With a Wink and A smile” after the piece and it was something for two pans because of the word invention. There was another Musical term he told me about but I forgot. It had a piece of ‘ word with inventing’ in it.

    During the Lesson, I got out all of my scales, thank God. The arpeggios were to be played in triplets, which I needed some more practice in. Then we moved on to my second piece of the Grade 4 Pan Examination Booklet. It was called “Invention No. 8” which was another one that Mr. Sharma did. I always had a battle in choosing which pieces to select because he and Dr. Remy always had good music in the book so I decided to make it fair where I did one he put together along with another by Dr. Remy.


Links:

  1. DCFA Steelpan Exam Book - Grade 3 Tenor (2012-2014).              (School's permission for sharing not granted.)
  2. Hillview College's Letters & Invitation Card to Graduation.
  3. Perpetuum Pan (Tenor Score).


Daryl Zion M. Ali

No comments:

Post a Comment