Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Trip to Starlift - (Second Panorama Season)

 Date for Entry: (Wednesday 15th January 2014)

Actual Date of Online Entry: (Tuesday 15th June, 2021)

 Dear Diary,

    Tonight, I went down to Starlift with a nice Lady who teaches at Mr. Lewis’ school, Ms. Evan Francis. This was the first time she was going to be in a pan group or even play for Panorama. We chat for a long while until we arrived at the panyard. It was looking the same but at the top of the house, it had the White Oak Logo. The yellow colours around had a good look. 

    As I got out of the car, I went to the pan room and tried to find a Low C Tenor Pan. I got back the same one I used from Form 2 and it still had the name “Albino” in it. I saw a lot of familiar faces from my previous visit. I didn’t see Uncle Desmond as the last time. There was a new Arranger for this year.

(Update)

    It was very interesting for me to see a grassroots arranger beginning to distribute music to the section leaders in the band. I had a funny experience with Mr. Lewis when I asked him if they were going to be sending us a score of the piece anytime soon. He then told me that there wouldn't be music sheets because the arranger will come up with the music on the spot and then tell the other sections what to play.


Link(s):

  1. Starlift - Panorama Semi-Finals (2014). "Happiest Man Alive" Arr. Keith Salcedo.


Daryl Zion M. Ali

No comments:

Post a Comment