Wednesday, April 4, 2018

'Lifesaver' Challenge - School of Composition

 Date for Entry: (Wednesday 4th April 2018)

Actual Date of Online Entry: (Tuesday 25th January 2022)

Dear Diary,

    I decided to participate in the April challenge. It was posted on April 4th 2018. This challenge came from a lady named Barbara. She took care of a boy named Max during the period of ailment. The challenge as I realised was to be compiled all submissions and create a gift for Barbara for her birthday. I am happy to say that the painting I made was used as the cover of the CD they compiled the songs on.

    For this challenge, we were allowed to select one note alone for the letter R in B-A-R-B-A-R-A. I used four instruments in his process. In the review of the music recording, I’m still a bit shy over it. It did not sound like something I should have submitted. I was still convinced by an aunty to continue it. I see in the feedback they did not go to the second section which was really messy but fun, lolz.

    Painting was another difficult thing to do. No ideas were coming to me.  It ended up making me send in my submission close to the deadline again. I decided to draw an angel lady standing on the base of the mountain with other taller mountains around her. There was a larger river to the far end of the scene when I saw her.

Link(s):

  • ‘Lifesaver’ Feedback & Critique Video. (6:13 was feedback)


.
Daryl Zion M. Ali

No comments:

Post a Comment