Saturday, April 7, 2018

Diaspora Concert (2018)

 Date for Entry: (Unknown/Forgotten)

[Saturday 2018]

Actual Date of Online Entry: (Tuesday 25th January 2022)

Dear Diary,

    Diaspora Concert is here again. For me, it is now the Diaspora exam. The two-day examination asks for the most unbelievable and tests you more than a student. This is the only I view it, personally. For the event, I played music with two groups. Listed below are the groups and the music they played.

Link(s):

  1. Backstage Directory.

 

INDIAN CLASSICAL ENSEMBLE:

Other versions can be found in the Indian Classical entry for this particular semester.

  1. Chura Liya - (Version 9).
  2. Gulabi Aakhen - (Version 5).
  3. Ek Ajnabi - (Version 9).

 

INTERMEDIATE ENSEMBLE[Permission was not granted.]

  1. Redemption Song.
  2. One Note Samba.
  3. Milap. 
  4. Hallelujah.
  5. Sonata No. 14, Op.27, No.2. 
  6. Night Shift. 
  7. Full of Vibes.

    I was not able to get a program for the even but only the backstage directory. I can recall carrying three sets of clothing to the event. I dressed up in my Indian wear for the beginning. 

    I never like to change backstage with everyone before the program starts. I feel comfortable changing at home in my Indian wear and then going down to Daaga. Usually, the Indian Classical Ensemble is supposed to start the show and then there would be performances from the Indian Classical class on Thursdays and then the World Music group of the certificate program. 

 

Daryl Zion M. Ali

No comments:

Post a Comment