Monday, April 24, 2017

Final of Steelpan Literature Classes

Date for Entry: (Unknown/Forgotten)

[April 2017]

Actual Date of Online Entry: (Wednesday 17th November, 2021)

Dear Diary, 

    Today was the last of the three remaining classes that Dr. Remy had called back the entire class to meet in Studio 4 for notes in preparation for the final exam. All of us were wondering what was going to happen because all we did for the Semester was work in the Library for coursework assignments. She also went through some slides as well as some of the documents she sent us over the time in emails and then told us about definitions and questions based on what we had done.

    In the last one of our classes, the sad part about the assignments was that she was taking away our assignments 3 and 4, and she said that they would be donated to the Library. When I heard I knew that I wouldn’t be getting a copy to have for this journal entry. 

    There was a very important comment from one of the many articles I found for my project by Mr. Amrit Samaroo. I ended up misplacing the paper I wrote it down. I could recall him saying something about taking a regular three-minute song and changing it into a ten-minute arrangement that must include changes and run and must be interesting and fun enough for the steelpan players and audience. 


Link(s):

  1. Music Literatures of the Steelpan - Assignment #1.
  2. Music Literatures of the Steelpan - Assignment #2.
  3. Artice Quote from Amrit Samaroo.**b10

 

Daryl Zion M. Ali

No comments:

Post a Comment