Saturday, June 2, 2012

Presbyterian Sports Day (2012) & Graduation

 Date for Entry: (Saturday 2nd June, 2012)

Actual Date of Online Entry: (Monday 14th July, 2021)

Dear Diary,

    Today was Presbyterian Sports Day. I went to march with the Youth Group. Susan was the Coordinator at the time. All of the other bands looked like they were prepared and then hearing the results we failed it as usual with zero being our score. How unbelievable?! The experience was fun in another way. 

    I did not stay the whole day as the last time, thank God. I took a trip up to Tunapuna by the Court House with Aunty Pat and Uncle Timmy near the Library. Daddy was waiting there for me already. I didn’t know that their son was my cousin. It was only that day I realised that we were related. It was nice to know I had another cousin. 

    I had to go and perform a Function. Mr. Mchoney’s wife Aunty Evette, was graduating in a Drapery & Linen Class from the University of the West Indies. I will always remember that good tasty pork we go on the way home. Time was running out too quick also. I had to shower and get dressed faster. Mommy was down Couva at the time.

    Mr. Mchoney loaded my pan into his 'car' and we all went to El Dorado West. I wasn't sure what type of vehicle it was. I played the National Anthem to start the function and later into the ceremony, they request a song so I played “Hero” by Enrique Iglesias. They wanted to dedicate this to their teacher.

    At the end of the function, Aunty Evette’s friend gave me fifty dollars and thanked me very much for the music and said, “Here’s a little something for you.” On walking out, the teacher thanked me for the nice music I played. I shook her hand and walked off with the pan in the case and daddy walked out with the pan stand pieces to the car.


Link(s):

  1. Drapery & Linen Class Graduation Program

 

Daryl Zion M. Ali

No comments:

Post a Comment