Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Working Hard on my Birthday

 Date for Entry: (Sunday 10th March, 2013)

Actual Date of Online Entry: (Sunday 13th June, 2021)

Dear Diary,

     Today was my birthday. I arranged for Joshua’s dad to pick me up during the day to visit them and finish our Social Studies project with the next boy from school, Alex. Before I left home, Mom and Aunty Vangy was helping me put together a crossword puzzle for the project. I cut a piece of the cake to give them on arriving at their home. Unfortunately, I do not have the large calendar sheet we recycled to create the crossword.


    Joshua’s dad can pick me up at around ten in the morning. Boy? Putting that project together was long and fun too because they played video games. We had lunch together. I took some rich, dhal and Callaloo.

    Later, somewhere in the nighttime, while they were printing the document to put into the folder, I taught them a secret about the printer lid. It was a lid you can pull out and it kept the paper after being sent out of the machine.

    I got home around ten in the night. The red T-shirt and Pants I wore was brand new I got. Then I changed my clothes and then Aunty Vangy and her friend Adrianne came over. She gave me a postcard in a white envelope and then Aunty gave me a Guitar. Then I played Adrianne’s favourite song “Chariots of Fire” on my Finale 2012 Version.

(Update)

    There were three images of the night aspect of the birthday but were not suitable for sharing. I still have the lovely gift that Joshua gave me. It was a picture frame from the Pan Minors 2012 graduation ceremony.


Daryl Zion M. Ali

No comments:

Post a Comment