Friday, July 7, 2023

St. George’s College (Week #37) – Day #168

Date for Entry: (Friday 07 July 2023)

Actual Date of Online Entry: (August 2023)

[T3, W:12 – D:56, (Td:0)*].

Dear Diary,

    This morning I got into the UTT compound very early. We were going on the Toco trip as a little get-together for Mrs. Rogers-Small’s retirement. I left my timesheet on the desk in the office for the others to get. Daddy got pies for breakfast and I finished it in the kitchen before heading onto the bus. Everyone was taking too long and coming in late.

    We heard Miss Pope yelling for everyone to get on the bus and in their cars. Many other teachers were very surprised that I was going on the Toco trip. Everyone also complimented the cake that I made on the evening after Mrs. Rogers-Small’s retirement function. The bus drove out of the compound at 9:00  and other vehicles followed behind.

    There was a need to stop for gas in Tacarigua. Miss Harris ran out into the grocery to get her snacks which took longer. Along the way, Miss Mustapha joined us. She took her to show us the place where she was staying. The view was amazing. She was the DJ for the rest of the ride going and coming back until she was dropped off. Reggae music was the genre for the trip.

    There was a lot of lovely scenery to admire. One of the teachers said that a lot of people go to foreign places for sightseeing and the best is right in your backyard. I agreed. At 2:00 in the evening, we arrived at a dinner and bar where everyone ate lunch. We took some pictures there as a group and I had some solo too. I took my hat with me so my hair wouldn’t blow all over the place. Before the bus could go down to the beachside, there was a dance and whine segment for some of the teachers on the bus.

    The sun was really hot on the beach. It burned my foot. Had to keep my sandals on. I wished I had packed a pair of slippers with me. You couldn’t even bathe on the beach because it had stone all over the floor. There was a smaller pool that everyone else was in. That water wasn’t salty but the hot sun fired us up. I went and I enjoyed myself in the water with Mrs Santana, Mr Charles and his wife and the driver. All the others were in the shade far away. Mr Banes came in afterwards. Mrs Patel, Miss Burnette and some others came our way and sat on the side. We learned that ‘Kimmy’ was engaged to Mr Mahase who came for the ride.

    We had another time to get hurried but by Miss Pope at 3:00. The ladies on the bus took longer. I got someone to pass me bags and I changed in a secured area. There was a stop for ice cream and boiled corn. I stayed and limed with Miss Burnette and others while everyone was a long walk down the road. Somehow on the ride coming back, I got very angry. Not sure where it came from. I killed it with my favourite worship songs. It was 6:30 when we got into the compound. Rain burst down and Andrew was angry. There was a leadership course but I didn’t bother again. Was tired and slept early.

 

Daryl Zion M. Ali

(7:02 am – 6:35 pm)

No comments:

Post a Comment