Sunday, May 21, 2017

Pacem Blessing

Date for Entry: (Unknown/Forgotten)

[June 2017]

Actual Date of Online Entry: (Thursday 16th March 2022)

Dear Diary,

    I was given this score called “Pacem Blessing” from aunty Carol in church. She wanted to have someone play this on tenor pan together with the choir. On the Sunday to play the music I got the pan set up and then got a tenor pan. Everyone in church was already seated and they were looking. I was a bit ashamed.

    The sad part of this event was that I was not told when the piece was going to be played and it was quite down to the end of the service. Unfortunately, they ended up playing and didn’t tell me or wave off for me to get to the pan so I sat there listening to the choir alone. It wouldn’t have felt good to just walk up in the piece as the choir just started singing at all.

    I told Mr. Sharma what had happened when he had asked me how come I didn’t play the music. We did not have much persons who came to practice on that Sunday. When I was trying out the bass part for a new piece, a lady came up to speak to me. She said that her daughter was getting married in the church and she wanted to find out if I can go and play some music for it. I took the offer and gave her my number.

 

Link(s):

  1. “Pacem Blessing” Score.

 

Daryl Zion M. Ali

No comments:

Post a Comment