Friday, March 27, 2015

Hillview's Easter Service (2015)

Date for Entry: (Friday 27th March, 2015)

Actual Date of Online Entry: (Wednesday 23rd June, 2021)

Dear Diary,

    This morning was another Easter Service with the same old hymns and same old songs. However, it was much different as before because, at the Service, I was the only Form 5 Student who attended. I felt like I made the right choice by going. I wondered if I was supposed to be in school. There was a new Spanish teacher that sat with me. She was one of the many teachers that stood at the Staffroom windows and watched me do my performance for my Music Paper 3: School-Based Assessment (SBA).

    While singing “Joyful, Joyful, We Adore Thee” the organist and his other accompanist which were the students and Mr. Bedase wasn’t ready to play so Reverend Adrian started us off. Two big things happened in that one song. The Reverend started to sing us and then in the program, they missed out two lines and the students in the congregation had stopped. We did the song over with the organist this time.   

    I felt curious and a bit sad at the end of the Service because at the conclusion, the Principle had asked the Steel Ensemble to come up to play the National Anthem and the College Song. And it was only me so I didn’t go. I stood there like all of the others. And I could have really impressed my new Form 3 friends that I made during the Test Time that had just passed. So they got a student who played the Tenor pan for the same Service to play the National Anthem. 

    Even now I still regret not going up and if Miss Abbey from the television show “Dance Moms” were there with me she would have been somewhat disappointed but I knew she would have said, “That's what you get for not going and taking the opportunity when it knocks at your doors.” 

    I wanted to see if they were prepared for when all the Steel Ensemble members got promoted to Form 6 and some leave how they would handle it. And after that, I went to pack my classroom and neaten up the classroom and pull all of the desks and chairs together. I saw Miss Khan come but she left me there and didn’t say anything much. I wondered what her problem was as though I didn't ask.

 

Link(s):

  1. Hillview Easter Service - Program.


Daryl Zion M. Ali

No comments:

Post a Comment