Tuesday, June 5, 2018

Animal Farm's Anthem.

Date for Entry: (Wednesday 6th June 2018)

Actual Date of Online Entry: (Wednesday 26th January 2022)

Dear Diary,

    In my vacation time, I got the idea to visit the “Animal Farm” novel from Form Two. I did not read most of it at all but what I do remember the strongest apart from the animals was the anthem that the character sang. I recall Mrs. Mahase asking for some of us to create a melody just to see what we might come up with. Since I had finished the Fundamentals of Pan Arranging course, I decided to get the words from the internet and come up with a melody first.

    It was easy coming up with chords to use for the other background instruments. Only when it was finished did I have a confident feeling about it. It sounded as if it was workable to the task that Miss asked us to do long ago. Since I’ve created this version, I did not get to share it with the literature teachers at school. I know they may not be able to guide me in the music aspect but I wonder what comments may come from the literature part.

 

Link(s):

  • Description document. ** [Document Lost.]
  • Score for Anthem. ** [Document Lost.]
  • Recording.

Daryl Zion M. Ali

No comments:

Post a Comment